where relationships with God & people become a reality
Churches around the world with some 65 million members and adherants, making it the worlds largest pentecostal fellowship.
Within this fellowship Calvary Church is a partner of the Oregon Ministry Network which consists of 200 churches across the state of Oregon. Together we stand united in a four-fold reason for being: To evangelize the lost, worship God, disciple believers, and show compassion.
There are 16 fundamental truths all Assemblies of God churches believe.
1) The scriptures are inspired of God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
2) There is only One True God revealed in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly called the Trinity).
3) The deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God's son Jesus was born both human and divine.
4) Man willingly fell to sin. Though mankind was originally created good, he chose to sin which introduced evil and death to his physical and spiritual states within the world.
5) Salvation of man can be restored with God by trusting in Jesus Christ through faith and repentance of sin.
6) Ordinances of the Church include Water Baptism which is practiced by immerson after repenting of one's sins and receiving Christ's free gift of salvation. Holy Communion is a symbolic rememberance of Christ's suffering and death for
7) The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a special experience following salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times.
8) The initial PHYSICAL evidence of the baptism of the Holy Spirit is 'speaking in tongues' as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout the Book of Acts and
9) Sanctification initially occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but is also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually grow closer to God and become more Christlike.
10) The Church has a mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin.
11) A divinely called and scriptually ordained leadership ministry serves the Church. Under leadership each of us must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, and to build up the body of believers.
12) Divine healing of the sick is a privilege for all Christians today and is provided for in Christ's sacrificial death on the cross for our sins (atonement).
13) The blessed hope is when Jesus raptures His Church prior to His return to earth (second coming).
14) The millennial reign of Christ will happen when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His rule over earth for 1000 years.
15) A final judgement will take place for those who have rejected Christ in this lifetime. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a lake of fire.
16) New heavens and a new earth is being prepared by Christ for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live with Him there forever following His millennial reign on earth.